Sunday, July 12, 2015

Essential Oils and the Jungle

My new found fascination with the curative properties of essential oils was validated in the jungle on Sunday.

Our group went on an expedition to visit the village shaman. The kind old man, learning his craft from previous generations in his family, spoke of the resources available from indigenous plants to treat and often cure disease in his village.

The more I learn about plants and their inherent gifts, the more I am convinced that the essence extracted can provide a powerful remedy.

I packed a little first aid kit for this trip including some useful and multi-purpose oils. Even my most doubting husband has a new-found respect for plant-based therapeutic options.

While most of the group is using the very dangerous bug repellent, deet, in the jungle, I'm using a naturally derived blend of essential oils with seemingly the same success.

No comments:

Post a Comment